CDM Regulations Awareness Training Course
CDM Regulations Awareness is a training course that outlines the main requirements of the CDM regulations. The tutor will also cover the duty holder’s responsibilities. The tutor can tailor the discussion to suit you and how the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 affects your job role. With this knowledge, you will be able to work compliantly within current legislation and effectively plan your projects.
- Become qualified in just three hours.
- Understand how the legislation affects your role.
- Available to attend online.
- You can complete the course from home.
- We can deliver the course in-house.
- Valid for three years.
CDM Regulations Awareness course content
What does the CDM Regulations Awareness course cover?
The course covers the main aims of CDM 2015 and how the regulations have changed. The tutor will teach you about CDM project documentation and health & safety law, legislation, and each individual’s duties relating to them. The course content includes:
- Developing planning and management during all stages of projects
- Finding risks in the planning stage
- Regulating and managing remaining risks
- Focus on improving health & safety measures
- Discouraging unneeded paperwork
- Understanding the foundation and ideology of Construction Design Management
- Applying and interpreting the regulations and ACOP
- The requirement of the new regulations and the changes
- ACOP training and competence
By the end of the CDM Awareness course, you will have a greater understanding of:
- How your role relates to the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations
- The functions of your clients, Designers, CDM Co-ordinators, Principal Contractors and Contractors within CDM
- The importance of communication, co-operation and co-ordination between everyone involved in the construction work
- Incorporating health, safety and welfare requirements into the management of all construction projects
What is Required to Pass the CDM Regulations Awareness Course?
To pass the course, you will need to complete a 20 question multiple-choice assessment paper.
How long is the CDM Awareness course?
The course is approximately three hours long.
Why should I take this course?
Individuals or company representatives who would benefit from a better understanding of how the CDM Regulations 2015 relate to them should attend this course.
CDM Regulations Awareness entry requirements
There are no formal requirements for entry on this course. Although the delegate attending should be able to speak and understand English well.
To attend the Remote Learning course, delegates must have access to a computer, laptop, tablet or phone that uses a microphone and webcam and has access to the internet.
Is this course accredited?
This course is accredited by 3B Training.
Where can I complete this course?
This course can be delivered through both classroom-based or Online / Remote Learning.
CDM Awareness training is available to attend online via Remote Learning. The online course allows the delegate to attend the course from home or the workplace and eliminate the cost of travel to a classroom course. We deliver the course in a virtual classroom through the conferencing software, Zoom. All that the delegate needs to attend the course is a computer with a camera, microphone and connection to the internet. Although the course is delivered online, no quality is compromised. All the same, content is covered as in the classroom, and delegates can still interact with other attendees and the tutor through their microphone or the chatbox throughout the day.
Our full list of CDM Awareness courses is available to view live on our website here.
We currently only offer this course as an in-house course in the classroom or remotely. In-company training has been a successful option for many of our clients. This is because we can tailor the content to be relevant to those attending. The course can be held at a customer site, or a 3B Training venue and delegates can discuss the content throughout the course.
We price each in-house course on a case-by-case basis; we take into account the course location and number of delegates when we quote. If you would like us to quote, complete the in-house training enquiry form on this page.
6-8 weeks after the course date, you will receive a certificate. The certificate expires after three-years. We recommend reattending to keep up to date with any legislation changes.
To gain a greater understanding of construction health & safety law, you may want to attend a CITB accredited course? Each course covers the health & safety responsibilities of various roles in the construction industry.