CDM Regulations Awareness
CDM Regulations Awareness is a training course that outlines the main requirements of the CDM regulations. The tutor will also cover the duty holder’s responsibilities. The course can be tailored to suit the delegate and how the Construction, (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 affect their job role.
How long is the CDM Awareness course?
The course is approximately three hours long.
Who should attend the CDM Awareness course?
Individuals or company representatives who would benefit from a better understanding of how the CDM Regulations 2015 relate to them should attend this course.
Is the CDM Awareness course accredited?
This course is accredited by 3B Training.
When does my certificate expire?
The certificate expires after three-years. We recommend reattending to keep up to date with any legislation changes.
This course can be delivered through both classroom-based or Online / Remote Learning.
Remote Learning CDM Awareness training is currently under development. Keep an eye out for upcoming course dates coming soon.
We currently only offer this course as an in-house course in the classroom. In-company training has been a successful option for many of our clients. This is because we can tailor the content to be relevant to those attending. The course can be held at a customer site or a 3B Training venue and delegates can discuss the content throughout the course.
We price each in-house course on a case-by-case basis; we take into account the course location and number of delegates when we quote. If you would like us to quote, simply complete the in-house training enquiry form on this page.
There are no formal requirements for entry on this course. Although the delegate attending should be able to speak and understand English well.
What does the CDM Regulations Awareness course cover?
The course covers the main aims of CDM 2015 and how the regulations have changed. The tutor will cover CDM project documentation, as well as health & safety law, legislation and each individual’s duties relating to them. The course content includes:
- Developing planning and management during all stages of projects
- Finding risks in the planning stage
- Regulating and managing remaining risks
- Focus on improving health & safety measures
- Discouraging unneeded paperwork
- Understanding the foundation and ideology of Construction Design Management
- Applying and interpreting the regulations and ACOP
- The requirement of the new regulations and the changes
- ACOP training and competence
By the end of the CDM Awareness course, the delegate will have a greater understanding of:
- How their role relates to the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations
- The roles of their clients, Designers, CDM Co-ordinators, Principal Contractors and Contractors
- The importance of communication, co-operation and co-ordination between everyone involved in the construction work
- Incorporating health, safety and welfare requirements into the management of all construction projects
What is Required to Pass the CDM Regulations Awareness Course?
To pass the course, delegates will need to complete a 20 question multiple-choice assessment paper.
Is this course CITB Grant claimable?
No, unfortunately, this course is not CITB Grant claimable. View our CITB Approved Training Organisation page for more information on how to claim here.
To gain a greater understanding of construction health & safety law, you may want to attend a CITB accredited course? Each course covers the health & safety responsibilities of various roles in the construction industry.