Site Safety Plus Accredited Courses -SMSTS Refresher
The CITB SMSTS Refresher course is needed to ensure your SMSTS qualification remains valid. The SMSTS course is more in-depth than the Site Supervisors (SSSTS) course and demonstrates how to meet the ever-increasing demand for evidence of sound health and safety management on site.
Who is it for:
People who have a valid SMSTS certificate who need to complete a refresher before their SMSTS expires.
By the end of the Construction Industry Training Board Site Management Safety Training Scheme Refresher course, the delegate will:
- gain knowledge in the Health and Safety at Work Act and CDM Regulations 2015
- have a greater knowledge of site set-up, risk assessments/method statements and working at height
- better understand the health and safety implications of working with scaffolding, electricity, excavations, demolition and confined spaces
- have an awareness of any recent changes in accepted working practices and behavioural safety
To find out the further benefits of the CITB SMSTS course, you can visit our blog here.
The content covered by the CITB SMSTS Refresher course refreshes you in the following units:
- Risk assessments
- Explanation and overviews of construction legislation
- An initiation to health and safety law and the duties, responsibilities and sanctions surrounding it
- Awareness of human error
- Motivating staff
- Planning health and safety for projects
- Recognising the responsibility of the workforce
- Communicating effectively
- Managing contractors
- The procedure of an accident occurring on site and the process following the accident
- Development of permit systems and safe systems of work
- Safe system of work production
- Awareness of an organisation’s responsibilities and duties
What is Required to Pass the CITB SMSTS Refresher Course?
This course is assessed throughout the training. On the last day, you must display a presentation in front of other group members. You will also complete an examination.
This course is aimed at those who currently hold a valid Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) certificate. The refresher course must be attended before the SMSTS has expired. The minimum requirement for entry is that the delegate can understand, write and speak English well.
Further qualifications include the NEBOSH Construction Certificate and the NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Construction Site Management.
There are a number of locations where delegates can complete the SMSTS Refresher course:
Contact Us Today
If you have any further questions or would like to speak to one of the 3B Training specialists, don’t hesitate to get in touch or email us via email@example.com. You can of course book a place on the CITB SMSTS Refresher course here or, if you are considering any further training, you can book a course here.
How Do I Become a Site Manager?
If you are looking to become a Site Manager and would like to find out what qualifcations, skills and experience; take a look at our blog here.