Mental Health First Aid Course
First Aid Courses – Mental Health First Aid Training
Mental Health First Aid training is designed to help to raise awareness of mental health around the workplace and to help you to gain the skills to support those affected.
How long is the Mental Health First Aid course?
Who should attend the Mental Health First Aid?
Anyone who requires Adult Mental First Aid training.
Is the Mental Health First Aid course accredited?
Mental Health First Aid England accredited
Is this course CITB Grant claimable?
You can claim up to £30 as long as you provide us with your CITB Levy number either at the time of booking or on the day of the course.
The delegate must be aware that course covers some sensitive subjects which some may find difficult.
On completion of the course, delegates will have the relevant knowledge to be able to support distressed individuals and themselves. Delegates will have a greater understanding of the stigma that surrounds mental health issues and how to deal with them in the workplace.
The course covers areas such as:
- Recognising the early signs of mental health problems
- Offering support to someone going through a mental health issue.
- Awareness of anxiety, stress, depression and other mental health issues
- Promoting good mental health recovery
- Protecting those who are of harm to themselves
- Directing someone towards relevant treatment
- The stigma of mental health
What is required to pass the Mental Health First Aid course?
The delegates are assessed throughout the course on their contribution to the below manageable parts:
- Depression and what is mental health?
- Suicide and substance misuse.
- Anxiety disorders, self-harm, eating disorders and personality disorders.
- Psychosis and building a healthy community for all.