Mental Health First Aid Course
First Aid Courses – Mental Health First Aid Training
Mental Health First Aid training is designed to help to raise awareness of mental health around the workplace and to help you gain the skills to support those affected.
Who is it for:
Anyone who requires Adult Mental First Aid training.
On completion of the course, delegates will have the relevant knowledge to be able to support distressed individuals and themselves. Delegates will have a greater understanding of the stigma that surrounds mental health issues and how to deal with them in the workplace.
The Mental Health First Aid course covers areas such as:
- Recognising the early signs of mental health problems
- Offering support to someone going through a mental health issue.
- Awareness of anxiety, stress, depression and other mental health issues
- Promoting good mental health recovery
- Protecting those who are of harm to themselves
- Directing someone towards relevant treatment
- The stigma of mental health
- Mental health first aid skills
What is required to pass the Mental Health First Aid course?
The delegates are assessed throughout the course on their contribution to the below manageable parts:
- Depression and what is mental health?
- Suicide and substance misuse.
- Anxiety disorders, self-harm, eating disorders and personality disorders.
- Psychosis and building a healthy community for all.
The delegate must be aware that course covers some sensitive subjects which some may find difficult.
The Mental Health First Aid course is available at the following 3B Training locations:
Contact Us Today
To find out more about what the construction industry is doing about mental health take a look here at Mates in Mind.
Sick Days for Mental Health: What To Do
If you are suffering from mental health issues and you need some advice on mental health sick days click here.